Thursday, August 12, 2010

August!?

















Now the summer is really coming to an end, but the town isn’t showing any signs of slowing up. It seems more like the town is just starting to get down to business. The Business Guild’s themed weeks are still happening and the next one is an exciting one that makes Provincetown an attractive party destination. It’s Carnival Week and this year’s theme is Jungle Fantasy. I can only imagine what this week is going to be like based on what I saw of the big Independence Week around the Fourth. CRAZY! I am excited and can’t wait for the festivities to begin.

I’m still doing my thing here—work and work that is. Hanging out with my friends has been harder to do but I did just get a visit from two of my good friends from Westfield. That was a nice few days of relaxation and catching up. After a very busy July at PAAM, we’ve had a week or two of relative calm. No big gallery openings but there have been some concerts in the galleries that have garnered attention. I’ve got to do some exciting design projects to promote the museum. I designed the posters and postcards for the ‘12 x 12 Auction and Exhibition.’ I continue to do online work promoting events and trying to raise awareness about the events happening at PAAM. Reflecting on this summer it’s been nice getting to see how the office environment works in this type of enterprise. It’s an experience that I can’t get at J. Crew or Stop & Shop!

As I kind of ranted about in the previous post, the job market is more on my mind now-a-days, and I want to start exploring more of the opportunities that Wheaton offers by making connections with alumnae etc. On my own I’ve somehow managed to make connections with the MFA and another company in Boston. Good luck? Yes, but something I am more aware about doing now after hanging out with “freshly-graduated” friends here in town.

Anyways, here are some other pictures that I’ve taken in the past few days. The weather has been incredible and it’s sometimes hard to focus. That’s when I get to go on these little photo adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment