Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spare Time


Here’s a picture of the sunset from the beach in front of my room. The harbor is getting busy now. All weekend long I heard the boats blowing their horns and the harbor master paging people on the intercom. I think it’s only going to get busier once the season begins next weekend! It was another beautiful day today, and I hear it’s only going to get hotter the rest of the week.  I’ve met a few more of my neighbors and the place is starting to pick up. It’s fun to see the town getting ready, but I’m more excited to see it in action this summer. Some of the party weekends seem like they are going to be a lot of fun. There are endless events that are going to be going on around town. (A change from right now where I have a lot of time on my hands). I started work at Stop & Shop today. The people there seem fun, and it’s a great way to see who’s in town. I met a fellow anthropologist and coworker from RIC – we plan on doing a lot of “participant observations” at work. It will help pass the time. At some point this week I hope to visit A. Paul Filiberto’s studio and see what he’s working on. I’m tired right now though Zzzz…

No comments:

Post a Comment